Thursday, October 8, 2009

Third Time's a Charm


I started out with the blue horse, attempting to follow the style of Franz Marc. Didn't quite hit the mark. Too smooth. Too many shades. Too contoured. So, attempt No.2. A little better. Maybe? Still smoother than I wanted. Better with shading. So, when you fail try, try again. Attempt No.3. Even better than before. More geometric and simple. Win!
I noticed as I was working on the three that there is a progression in style. It goes from rough, fast, strokes to a smooth, geometric figure. I'll be honest, it wasn't my original intention at all. Haha. But I just kinda rolled with the flow and it turned into a learning process. It was really difficult for me at first because of my OCD and obession with detail. But hey, what's the harm in trying something new? Hmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment